Abel Tasman Villa is ideally located to explore the Nelson region. Consistently the sunniest area in New Zealand with over 2500 hours of sunshine each year, Nelson is a favourite place of many New Zealanders and overseas visitors alike. Known for being a creative paradise, where many full time artists are inspired by the areas natural diversity of scenery (including 3 national parks), peoples and the natural environment, there are many outstanding things to experience during your stay with us.
AWARD WINNING RESTAURANTS
- HOPGOOD'S 284 Trafalgar Street, Nelson Central
- HARBOUR LIGHT BISTRO 341 Wakefield Quay, Stepneyville, Nelson (5 minute walk from Abel Tasman Villa)
- THE BOAT SHED CAFÉ 350 Wakefield Quay, Nelson (5 minute walk from Abel Tasman Villa)
- HARRY's 296 Trafalgar Street, Nelson
- LA GOURMANDISE 276 Hardy Street (east) - Nelson
- URBAN EATERY & OYSTER BAR 278 Hardy Street, Nelson
- MORRISON STREET CAFÉ 244 Hardy Street, Nelson
- NICOLA'S CANTINA 6 Church Street, Nelson
- SUTER ART GALLERY 28 Halifax Street, Nelson
- JENS HANSEN 320 Trafalgar Square, Nelson
- CRAIG POTTON GALLERY 255 Hardy Street, Nelson
- SALT ART GALLERY 27 Vanguard Street, Nelson
- HÖGLUND GLASS 52 Lansdowne Road, Appleby
- SATURDAY MARKET Saturdays 8am - 1pm Montgomery Square
- NELSON FARMERS' MARKET Every Wednesday 11am - 4pm at Morrison Square
- ECLECTIC ANTIQUE CENTRE 254 Hardy Street, Nelson
- CUBICLE DESIGN SHOP 167 Hardy Street, Nelson
ART & CRAFTS
- AIR NEW ZEALAND New Zealand's national airline
- WAAHI TAAKARO GOLD COURSE 366 Maitai Vally Road, Nelson
- NELSON'S GREAT TASTE TRAIL PO Box 3197, Richmond, 7050, New Zealand
- APEX CAR RENTALS Nelson Airport or City pickup.
- WOW MUSEUM World Of Wearable art & classic cars. Cadillac Way off Quarantine Road, Annesbrook, Nelson
- NZ CLASSIC MOTORCYCLES 75 Haven Road, Nelson
- WILSON ABEL TASMAN Vista Cruise in Abel Tasman National Park with beach stop, walking and sea kayaking options.
- NELSON TASMAN Official visitor guide to accommodation, activities, events, food and wine, in the Nelson region.
ACTIVITIES & INFORMATIONS
The vila was exactly as described and even so Nicola was not there when we arrived, she made sure we were well looked after. The views are amazing and the stairs up to the Vila are easy to manage unless you are a heavy smoker!!! The location is good as well and we even walked most times into the city (approx. 20 minutes) and took a taxi ride back. Would definitely stay there again. Thanks Nicola!
Dear Nicola Thank you very much. The house is lovely. It is a shame we couldn't use the outdoors more we seem to be anywhere the rain is.RegardsLinda
Mike Tod and Julie
Dear Nicola Thank you so much for helping us out with a place to stay, after double booking this week.Your Vacation home is lovely and perfect for our needs. We felt very much at home here.Thank you again